Running without any doubt is one of the best exercises for those who are keen on burning the excess calories in various parts of the body. It also is one of the best workouts for athletes and others who wish to keep in good health. But not all are able to run as freely and as long a period as they would have loved to. This is because of a number of reasons. Some people could suffer from chronic problems of the feet that might prevent them from running long distances. There could be others who could suffer from bad knees. Running with bad knees could be a big problem.
However, the problem can be overcome with the right running shoes for bad knees. These shoes are specially designed to take pressure off from the knees as best as it can be done. For many sportspersons and athletes it is a common condition and is referred to as runner’s knee. The pain may manifest while walking, squatting, climbing and of course when running. In such situations, choosing a suitable shoe that can handle bad knees is an important decision. However, with so many options available, making the right choice is not easy. We are happy to share 10 different brands of shoes that are considered good for bad knees.
1. Gravity Defyer Shoes For Knee Pain
This is from the house of Gravity Defyer and therefore you can expect that it could deliver on the promises. It certainly is a good buy for all those who are keen on getting relief from knee pain and heel pain while running. They come with a unique Verso Shock Technology feature. This absorbs shocks from the ground. It also comes with seamless interiors that are suitable for those suffering from diabetic neuropathy. Further you also get removable insoles for accommodate orthotic support. It also is suitable for all those patients who suffer from plantar fasciitis. Hence at the end of the day it offers very good value for money.
- Works very well for those who have knee pain while walking and running.
- Also suitable for those suffering from side-effects of the foot caused by diabetes.
- The extra room allows that little luxury for wiggling the foot.
- Looks ergonomic and trendyMade from quality material.
- A few cases of increased pain have been reported.
2. Saucony Women’s Running Shoe (Cohesion 10)
Saucony has a good track record when it comes to offer high quality shoes for those with special foot conditions. Since it absorbs shock and evens out pressure across the leg, it could be useful for all those who suffer from knee pain while on the move. Additionally it also has a number of other features. It is great-looking and can be worn for many occasions. It is made from high quality 100% mesh. The shoe is imported but made to suit specific requirements. It comes with a high quality rubber soles. It also has high quality injection molded EVA. The heel grid system is a specialty offering stable cushioning.
- The mesh upper has been specially designed to provide breathability.
- It is suited for long runs.The collar and tongue are plush and are very smartly colored and designed.
- It is one of the few neutral running shoes in the market that offers support for both normal runners and those with special knee conditions.
- Foot contour is not the same as it was earlier according to some users.
3. ASICS Women’s Running Shoe
There is no denying the fact that ASICS has been a big name when it comes to sports shoes and also shoes for people with special foot conditions. It has a number of special features and conditions. The shaft for example measures 2.25 inch from the arch. It also comes with the unique GEL cushioning system. There are a number of other features that go into making a good value for money running shoe that could be useful for those who complain of bad knees because of various reasons.
- One of the best looking shoes in the market.
- Bright colors and designs.It also has removable sockliner and this accommodates orthotics.
- High abrasion rubber ensures long life.
- Zero support when the ground is wet.
4. Skecher’s Women’s Shoes
Those who have tried out Skecher’s shoes have reasons to believe that it could offer very good value for money. It has stood the test of time and here are a few reasons why it could be a good buy. It is made from synthetic sole and is imported. It also has 100% textile that ensures quality and durability. The shaft measurement can be categorized as low-top from the arch. Apart from the above, here are a few more important features that could be quite interesting about the brand.
- It is very light and flexible. Does not put extra burden on the foot.
- Suits those who suffer from knee pain and other complications.
- The 5 Gen cushioning is responsive.
- The high rebound insole also offers extra comfort.
- Very poor after sales services.
5. Altra Running Shoe – AFW 1733G
Whenever when one talks about quality sports shoes for those with special foot and leg conditions, the name of Altra always comes to the mind. They have offered some of the most wonderful running shoes that are power packed with a number of features. Let us look at a few of them. The rubber soles that it comes with offers excellent grip even in wet and slushy conditions. It comes with a unique foot shape toe box with a completely cushioned platform with zero drop facilities. This suits well for those users who have knee pain, heel pain and other problems.
- The 5 mm insole with contour foot bed is a big takeaway.
- It also has a stack height of 25 mm that helps absorb shock.
- The midsole with innerflex are also a big addition.
- You also get special grid like grooves which helps in better flexing of the feet.
- A few cases of shin splints have been reported.
6. Ahico Running Shoes For Men & Women
Ahico is a renowned name when it comes to offering high quality running shoes for men and women. This shoe also has many features that go in making it a good value for money buy. It is lightweight and therefore suitable for those who have problems in their knees. It also helps those who might suffer from bunion and other problems. Additionally, there are also a number of other advantages that are worth mentioning.
- It is a low top sneaker.
- Lace up closure can be done easily.
- Knit woven upper and breathable.
- Keeps feet comfortable and dry.
- Suitable for a wide variety of running and even for those with knee problems.
- Not suitable for long running.
7. Jarliff Lightweight Women’s Shoes
Jarlif has been famous for offering some of the sexiest looking women shoes. In keeping with this tradition this shoe has quite a few interesting features. It is made from a combination of synthetic and fabric material. It also comes with a rubber and PU sole. It is great looking with bright colors and it will make many passersby turn around and have a second look. It is perfectly designed for running, casual wear, walking, sports activities, athletics and jogging. Apart from the above, it has quite a few other advantages that have made it win the appreciations of thousands of customers. We will look at a few of them
- To begin with it comes with a money back guarantee and not many offer it.
- It is suitable for various uses.
- It is light and therefore suited well for those who complain of knee pain and other related issues.
- It also features bottom air cushion that provides additional support and benefit.
- Often wrong sizes are dispatched.
8. DUOYANGJIASHA Sports Fashion Shoes for Women
This is a fabulous looking and extremely comfortable and user-friendly women’s shoes. It is made from top class nylon and it also has other materials including fabric and other synthetic substances. It is a product from Duoyangjiasha and they do have a rich track record as far as quality shoes are concerned. It can be useful for those who complain of knee pain, heel pain and Achilles tendon and various other issues. It offers good fit and is also trendy and fashionable. On the whole there are reasons to believe that it offers very good value for money.
- It is an all weather shoe that has multiples uses.
- It can be used for traveling, running and hiking even by those who have knee pain.
- It comes in an array of six colors blue/white/grey/pink/dark grey and rose red.
- It can be used for casual,
- sports and other such events.
- On the whole it is reasonably priced and therefore offers good value for money.
- A few cases of used shoe dispatches have been reported.
9. Nike Run 7 Shoe (Men’s Flex Experience)
There is hardly any need to say something about Nike. They are market leaders and trendsetters as far as different types of shoes, including sports shoes. They understand knee pain, heel pain and other problems better than many others and therefore this particular model evinces quite a bit of interest. It is feature-rich and therefore it would be interesting to know something more about it. To begin with it is imported and made to exacting local standards. Further, it is made from some of the finest synthetic material. The rubber soles are certainly masterpieces offering perfect grip. This goes a long way in ensuring lesser strain on the heel, knees, and other parts of the feet. The shaft low-top from arch and this is an approximate measurement.
- It has a unique hexagonal flex grooves.
- This promotes natural flexibility.
- It is extremely lightweight.
- Offers breathability and comfort.
- The spacer mesh could be useful for those with knee problems and other issues of the leg/feet.
- It also comes with textures outsole.
- Expect better durability and traction Value for money
- Instead of helping knee pain, it has increased it for a few.
10. Brooks Women’s Ghost 11
Brooks is at it again. This quality shoe is one of the few that is fully manmade. It also is imported but made keeping mind the specific needs of the users in this country. It has many interesting and customer friendly features. It is made from lightweight construction and offers smoother ride without putting extra strain on the knees.
- Extremely good looking and designed to perform for years.
- Durable and long lasting.
- Comfortable and can help take performances to next higher level.
- Good value for money.
- Hurts users with bunions.
Here are a few tips to be kept in mind when buying running shoes for bad knees.
Shoe Support and Stability
Improper balancing could be one of the main reasons for knee pain. You should choose a show that offers the best of stability and support without being too tight or too loose.
Comfort is one of the important attributes when choosing a running shoe. You could get over knee pain but if the shoe results in heel pain and leads to Achilles tendon; it may not serve your purpose.
When you have bad knees it is quite possible that you have a chance of slipping and falling. Therefore, you must ensure that you have the right kind of traction and support when buying a running shoe.
Fit and Durability
Every pair of shoe has been designed to fit the feet of users that could be unique and different. Hence, you must take into account durability and fit as important points when buying such shoes.
Though it may not have much to do with bad knees, breathability offers comfort and confidence. This is important for runners who have to cover long distances and keep the shoes on even during hot summer seasons.
To sum up and put things in perspective, knee pain is not uncommon and it happens almost with each and every runner at some point in time. You must be alive to the problem and spend time in choosing the right running shoes that offers complete and total comfort. It must have special attributes like soles, design, arch support and other such things that could help in case of knee pain, heel pain and other such problems.